2021 Year in Review

2021 sucked just as bad if not more so than 2020.😅

Last year's goals:

  1. Other than a New Year start, work on cross-stitch WIPs.
  2. Finish at least 2 crochet/knit kits in my craft closet (of doom).
  3. Officially pair hand-dyed fabrics with no background cross stitch patterns.
  4. Edit my 2020 NaNo novel and try and get an agent/manager for publishing. I realize I could self-publish, but I will probably also need representation as a screenwriter.
  5. Finish/polish my Leverage spec script I wrote this summer. Preferably so it is in the Leverage 2 universe. Of course that needs to be released, but I guess I can work out some plot kinks in the meantime.
  6. Something I can't fully control, write a script that will place in a contest.

Did I complete them?
  1. I started an ornament. I completed it so it at least didn't add to my WIP count.
  2. Yes. I just happened to have thrown more stuff in that closet.
  3. Mostly?
  4. Started over in November and need to finish it.
  5. I started Version 2 for the reboot. Changed some things, need to finish it and work on character interactions.
  6. The Christmas Bet made 2nd round at Austin Film Festival. I'll take it as a win.
I managed to finish 11 crochet projects and 3 cross stitch projects

Dare I set goals?
  • Stitch from Stash. 
    • I will not buy anymore cross stitch patterns. (limited edition HAEDs are an exception)
    • I will only buy specialty fibers/beads to finish my No BG pieces IF I get to the point where I need them. (probably not)
    • I will only buy crochet/knitting patterns if they use up a yarn already in my stash.
  • Enter Dragon Creme Brulee in contests.
  • Query The Christmas Bet
  • Finish draft of Finding Exile, find Beta readers.
  • Get a job!

Comments

  1. It's always fun to see how we did with our goals at the end of the year.
    Good luck with the writing and the job seeking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular last 30 days

A bit of ADD

Another blanket

Eclectic update and more stash