Stitch Maynia Days 1-3

I figured I'd only do a weekly post on my Maynia stitching since I'm bombarding everyone with fabric pairing posts during this time. However I did start a flosstube channel, so if you can't wait a week, please go to Crafting with Katie.

Before I get to Maynia, here's up to part 11 on Lanarte's Mystery SAL. Part 12, which I haven't finished yet, confirms it's a bird.


Maynia Day 1: Hazel Fun Witch Mouse
I think this one is so cute, and it's going to be one of the few finishes I have.
The pieces:



And the finish. It's so cute! Apparnetly it's one of 3, but as they were limited edition, finding the other two will be difficult.


Maynia Day 2: You are Unforgettable.

It took me an hour and a half to sort and card these threads. I think they were trying to be helpful with the color swatch, but the browns don't match at all. Only reason I could sort them properly was my old color card with thread.


Also found a very strange misprint on the chart that I've never seen before, two symbols on one square. It's 2 squares over from the bottom of the leftmost pink line if you can't see it. I chose the one that makes the most sense to me, but I was unaware you could do that with software. There's another one slightly further down the page too.


 Here's my progress.


And a little preview of Day 3. I'm not that happy with this kit. Those purples are supposed to be 550-553. Now normally when a kit doesn't use DMC colors, they're at least close to the numbers they give. This is not. 550 happens to be one color I know off the top of my head. They're not even all in the same family of purples. And the color below is supposed to be a light green, it's blue... At least the one color I stitch was somewhat close to the DMC.


I did some digging and found that at some point this kit included Kreinik. Janlynn was apparently bought at some point and the new owners started kitting it like this. I found pictures of the old kit and the purples look closer to the DMC numbers. There seems to be a pink version as well. I might just scrap this and kit it up myself. I don't know if getting the original kit off ebay is worth it.

Comments

  1. Beautiful progress on your mystery piece. I love those mice but I'm afraid of the putting them together part. They sure turn out adorable though! Sorting kits is just annoying. I had hubby help me with some Mill Hill kits and we were both frustrated with how close the colors are to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mouse is adorable! I have made one of Just Nan's mice and I have others ready to go. I have them on auto-reserve from a local shop. She emails me to see if I want the new release or not.
    The kit is very frustrating. I don't really stitch kits for those reasons. DMC is cheap enough (even in the UK) and I have a full set finally.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular last 30 days

A bit of ADD

Eclectic update and more stash

Another blanket