Showing posts from March, 2018

Method conversion

I finished the Northern Lights Afghan. It was one of the first Herrschners kits I had bought.

So I have moved on to the next cross-stitch in my rotation, Cinderella and the Prince.

Apparently I didn't get very far when I first started it. I will be converting this to parking, which is a tiny bit of an annoyance. Also, those two 4 point symbols being next to each other will make things a bit tricky. I already realized I had used the wrong color for five stitches.

I tried

I only got four rows done. I had planned to do 10, but I was getting tired of the dark colors. The pommel of the sword and the top of her belt appeared though...

So I switched to a crochet project that's been in my closet for a while.

And I (re)discovered ebay. These plus 2 not pictured, plus 3 more charts on the way of carousel horses.

Not a good stitching week

I don't feel like I made much progress. I know there were days I didn't stitch. Somehow I managed to finish page 1 of Dragon Carousel (minus some long things on the border that I'll work on during subsequent pages). Photo really doesn't show how sparkly it is. Most of the gold has kreinik of some kind blending with it.

 And here's a photo I took during the snow storm.

It was not a good stitching week, but it was a good week for new stash. I think I need to hide my credit card...

New schedule

So I finished page 3 of the Triptych.

Pulled this one out next. Didn't get very far. I seem to have down with a cold, which is impairing my concentration. (Ending up starting a plastic canvas tissue box holder today as it seemed an appropriate item and concentration level.)

Picture does not do the sparkly-ness from all the Kreinik justice.

And I may have to change my blog update day as my new schedule for the foreseeable future is Wed-Sun. Thus this post on Monday.

 Currently debating whether to press purchase on my current Herrschners cart.