I've gone crazy again

Or rather insane. Started with 10 rows on the page, now at 40.

I've also started thinking of a rotation for next year. So far I have the following: The Accolade (GK)The Arab Tent (GK)Insanity (GK)Cinderella and the Prince (retired HAED)Fantasy Triptych (Wentzler)Black Stallion (HAED)Dragon Carousel (Allison)Best Friend (Allison)Stroke of Midnight (Wentzler)Alternative Reality (HAED) I'm thinking of adding a new one of a HAED I purchased directly from them that I already have the material for. Preferably in a color family different from the others. That narrows it down to Dragon Dancer, 4 Heavenly Beasts, Chase, and Tempest. Current colors are dark, brown, green/sky blue, beige, purple, red/gold.

Poinsettia afghan

My start and finish for the week (other than a Christmas present that I'll show later)

I'm glad it showed up against my red couch.

And I won NaNoWriMo again! 50,840 words was my final total. Feel free to read it here:


I finished things this week. First was my scarf, which I made way too long. It comes down to my knees when not doubled over.

I did more on the dragon and finished all the purple backstitch.

And I finished my tree skirt.

Working on a scarf for my boyfriend for Christmas.

I also got caught up with my word count for NaNoWriMo.

And I tried to be good with all the Black Friday sales but I failed. Got more floss for HAED patterns and also got these from ABC Stitch.


DWTS Season 25: Week 10 - Night 2

Cute opening and an interesting little number to bring us back after the first round.

Redo round starts.

Lindsey. Jive. She closed her feet more than the original. I'm happy. I agree with the scores.

Frankie. Argentine tango. Still pretty good. I think the lack of wig took away a little of the sexiness of the original. I'll give him the scores.

I love watching Val dance.

Jordan. Samba. Missing a little bounce for me. I'll give him the scores.

Derek. No hips.

Ah. Hot shirtless men dancing. Terrell tried to match them. Didn't quite work in the dancing aspect but I'll give him a 10 for the abs.

Nice dance from the troupe.

Vanessa. Frame needs work but the skirt stayed on this time.

I like that song by Lindsey.

Nikki, Sasha,  and Debbie. I think they had to simple the choreography for a reason. There was also a big difference in voice quality between Debbie and Jordan.

They're making me get in the Christmas mood and missing dancing at the same time.

Drew. Still a b…

DWTS Season 25: Week 10 - Night 1

It's the finale. Only two more nights for this season.

Nice but understated opening.

Redemption round.

Drew. Pass Doble. Better than his first one but still lacking in shaping, posture, and footwork. I'll give him the scores.

Frankie. Foxtrot. I felt it came off as stiff at times. A few steps looked choppy. Too high.

Jordan. Charleston. While it was all danced and recognizable as a Charleston, the song was an odd choice. I agree with the scores.

Lindsey. Quickstep. They kept body contact throughout but I felt her left elbow dropped to much. I agree with the scores.

The freestyles!

Drew. Cute and fun. Although I spent most of it with an eyebrow raised wondering what they were doing. Too high for me.

Frankie. At times it felt like dance by numbers. I haven't had to say that in a while. But he seemed off time in areas and had trouble keeping technique with the steps. Too high for me.

Jordan. Good dance. Very him. I agree with the scores.

Lindsey. I loved that. How did she keep …

Lots of things

I continued to work on Sassy Cat. Coincidentally my throat started feeling odd. I don't know if it was the sudden cold weather or the fact that I was working with wool yarn that shed when I separated the strands. I'm allergic to wool, but can work with it. Assuming I don't inhale it apparently.

So I put Sassy away. And made a wreath. The snowman glows. So did not realize it did that when I bought the kit.

And yesterday since I was somewhat brain dead and needed something somewhat mindless (but not quite as mindless as repetitive crochet rows) I pulled this guy out of my closet. Managed to finish the half stitches. Now to backstitch with metallic thread. 

My extra ball of yarn came to finish the tree skirt. And somehow I've been slowly catching up to where I should be for NaNoWriMo.

Excuse me while I go write. The first 20 chapters (as of the initial posting of this blog) can be found here.

DWTS Season 25: Week 9

Semi finals.

Dancers pick. Pro picks song that represents celebrity.

Drew. Very hoppy and stompy. A lot of things went wrong with this dance. Too high.

Victoria. I kept seeing on Twitter that we were going to cry during this. Didn't get there for me. I'll give her the scores but a little high for me.

Jordan. It was danced well but that song was not an argentine tango for me and detracted from the dance. Not a 10.

Lindsey. I connected to that contemporary dance more than Victoria's. A few odd stops where I felt it just went flat. I agree with the scores.

Frankie. That was mostly hip hop and the salsa sucked. No hips. Too high.

Yay for pro dances.

Iconic dance round. Redoing really good dances from previous seasons.

Drew. Jazz by Corbin Bleu. Lift was cool but the dance didn't fit him well. Either too small or uncontrolled. Too high.

Victoria. Charleston by Amber Riley. Not bad. Twisting motion is still hit and miss with her feet. A little high for me.

Jordan. Jive by Paig…