As I was putting in the zipper, I realized it was way too big on my dress form and apparently, I need to adjust the bust on it because I'm a tad smaller than it was set to. But it's done and wearable. Of course it made me buy the craftsy course on fitting.
Next bit of craft updating is my cross-stitch. The disembodied heads now have bodies. But I'm still not even 1/4 done with the design.
But now for the patterns. Joann's labor day sale included Butterick, Mccall and Vogue patterns on sale. So I stocked up.
I accidentally bought another of these. Patterns of not returnable so I'll sell it if someone wants it.
Also picked up some presser feet for my machine, quilting supplies, some more lining fabrics, a kelly green spandex I've had my eye on for a while, and muslin to test the fit of my next garments. I think I need some help.
That's where I was with my crafts this week. I continued with the doily but this latest row I'm doing isn't going very fast. I'm doing a split dtr cluster that attach three rows down and cross each other. You can see what that looks like on the upper right of the doily.
That was two days of work for 1/4 of the way around. My brain just wasn't into it so it was going even slower. So I made another ruffle scarf just for something mindless.
Then I decided to make a new dress. I'd have taken a picture but all I've done is cut all the pieces and stitch a few together. Nothing really to show. That was Thursday.
Then I had a need to cross-stitch. I couldn't do the purple block that was the black stallion HEAD so #15 on my list it was. Ended up being the white tigers.
There's some stitching that's hard to see as it's white on white.
I may need to take tomorrow to do some reorganizing of my craft closet again. It's gotten a bit messy and I may go fabric stash shopping on Friday (not cross-stitch, not against my 'I'm not buying anything else' ban I imposed upon myself)
This is as far as I've gotten on my sweater. It's the Frou Frou pattern from the Stitch 'N Bitch book. Sorry it's a little blurry.
Between being a little foggy on Thursday and the ambiguity of the patter
at one point I stopped working on this and
went back to my doily. The instructions are to move left stitch marker up one and to the left and right
stitch marker up one and to the right. I'm not sure if this is supposed to keep the increases in between the previous inc, always to the outside, or something in between.
Anyway, this is my doily, I still have several rounds to go.