Results of the end of summer invitational

I believe I did well at the competition on Sunday. I don't know if I'll see the score sheets, I think they may have mainly been to decide the placements for top studio. Of my 12 smooth dances, I danced 8 in a row at one point. I did the same thing with latin but I kept switching between two partners. I danced 40 dances in total. 3 each of waltz, foxtrot, tango, viennese waltz, and paso doble. 6 each of cha cha, rumba, and samba, 4 mambos and 7 jives. My feet were killing me shortly into the latin section. The longest break I had during the latin section was 10 dances, with the average being 3. Not much time to get off them but I managed.

For those of you who follow Maks on twitter, you probably saw this picture (I nabbed it from his instagram account):

That would be me in the foreground with the purple/white dress on. (You can view my blog for the making of this dress starting from here.) He had taken a picture (I think anyway) while he was standing slightly in front of me then moved back to take this one. Maks, Val, and Tony were judging throughout the day with Tony reminding us to vote. He never did mention who though. Although at the end Maks said "vote for Tony and Val, he'll make it to the finals somehow." I think we're all kind of hoping for a Dance With Me finals. They're all quite funny.

Tony jumped onto the floor and danced with someone during the rhythm section and Val did the same thing during the latin. It was a fun but tiring day. It ended with a show by Emmanuel Pierre-Antoine and Lianna, one of the top rhythm couples.

Comments

Popular last 30 days

Another blanket

Eclectic update and more stash