Vacation catch-up

So, lots to see as I was on vacation in Asheville, NC during my normal posting date. First up, my itty-bitty start on Waterfall Dragons for "E" of the 24 hour acrostic challenge.


Followed by what I got done on vacation, Spirit of the Black Leopard. It's missing a chunk from the center to the corner as I was really tired the first night and used the wrong color. Oddly enough, I double checked because it looked weird and still thought I had the right symbol.


As I was adding up my times, I realized I was missing two hours from "U" so I started the 2nd part of the Under the Sea SAL. Challenge complete.


The bit of crochet I did in the car before I lost my hook...


Now to the stash portion:
I think I have enough hand-dyed fabrics to last me a while. Need to stay off the flash sales on the weekend.



Found a yarn shop. The owner dyes yarns in a fantasy themed. I love that the colors are Demon Hunter and Dungeon Master. Also have a line of Doctor Who themed yarns as well.


Picked these up at a cross-stitch shop just north of Asheville. The weeks dye colors on the bottom are for "Library Cat"


Look a whole cone of Krienik #032BF. Actually using 2 stands in Waterfall Dragons, can't really see it in the photo I took.


Found this little guy on vacation (please ignore the background, still organizing).


And this guy was part of an Amazon order of necessities so I could get free shipping.


Now to photos from my vacation. Took some shots in between the rain storms while driving through Virginia.



Saw a bear from the safety of a balcony at our condo/hotel.


Now to Biltmore, the main reason I wanted to go back.
They had a train/flower show going on, didn't get to the main conservatory, but did see this in Antler Hill Village.

And some select photos from the Main House.


Formal dining hall.

View from the house.


Music room.


2 story library

7 story chandelier?

View of the back of the house, from nearby on the 8,000 acre property.


And these are Jessie (R) and Willy (L) who helped bring us there.


And here's Clyde as we came home. (Don't worry, we got him a cat sitter who he adored)


Comments

  1. Beautiful progress on your stitching. I love the fabrics you shared. Just beautiful colors. Great dragons of course. Great photos of the Biltmore. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular last 30 days

Eclectic update and more stash

And the dress is done.

DWTS season 16: week 8