Thursday, January 12, 2012

First trials with a serger

Well, I finally decided to sew the seams on my dress with my new serger. Yay me! But boy is it a bit of a pain. Hard to thread (may have to take the advice of the manual to clip and tie the new threads together and just run them through that way). Finally got it re-threaded to a 3-thread over-lock. Good thing I tested on scrap fabric (the piece I screwed up on earlier). Threads kept tangling, breaking, not there at all. Ended up being the thread was winding around the base. So I fixed that and then it was sewing fine, but the tension's all wonky. I got frustrated after a while and gave up for the day. Need to re-watch the DVD that came with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment