Etsy shop open

My cross-stitching will have to be put on hold a little bit, but you can see what I was able to do this week.

A friend of my mom's order 17 scarves as Christmas present for her co-workers so I'll be busy making those this week. I had three of the colors she wanted done already. I managed to make two more so far. I spent most of today making a scarf, and taking pictures for my etsy shop. It's still a work in progress but it's open. The one type of scarf not listed is the fun fur because I haven't managed to figure out a good standard for them.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/KhascatCreations

The dress I finished last weekend.It looks a little funny because it's meant to be off the shoulder and my dress form doesn't have arms to hold it up. I nicknamed this the puzzle dress. The pictures also don't capture the color right. It's a jade.



I went yarn shopping yesterday to pick up more yarn for my crocheting business since there were some good sales with one store having a 20% off coupon. I managed to pick up some small cross-stitch ornament kits to sell.

Picked up some more cross-stitch and patterns stash too.

Design Works' Mystical Wizard:
Deisgn Works: White Tigers
Design Works: Tree silverware holders (I have penguins already)
Janlynn's Queenie
Dimensions: Tiger
Felt stocking by Bucilla: Knit Sweater
I figure I can use this to make Belle's ballgown from Beauty and the Beast eventually.
A coat and I have a top similar to the shorter one in 2369.

If you've managed to make it this far on this blog post congratulations, you get to read about my NaNoWriMo endeavors. At the time of this posting I am at 35,119 words. I am 3 days ahead of schedule with an average of ~2000 words a day. I was writing some sad scenes today as I killed off a character I didn't think I would when I started writing this. I have just under 15,000 remaining to write and thankfully I still have some scenes that came to me after the killing of aforementioned character although I'm not sure how they're to play out yet.

Comments

  1. Excellent news on the scarf commission, and great progress on your book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so busy, congratulations on getting any cross stitching done at all :) You found some great stitch finds as well - Mystical Wizard looks like a fun stitch. Congratulations!

    --shaunterria
    ca11i0pe.BlogSpot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular last 30 days

Another blanket

Eclectic update and more stash