I also left 4 large drawers full of fabric completely intact as I knew I wouldn't be able to redo them.
So, phase 1 complete. Phase 2a was to wind the partial skeins which became the following.
Jeans, bottom weights and some remnants
Majority of my cotton/silk stash
Yarn to make funky scarves or other small items.
Quilting supplies and a few other remnants(still have a bit of room)
Combination of yarn. Can't quite remember where I got the blues on top. Found them in a random bag in what used to be my 'catchall' drawer.
Fabric for two projects. A Halloween quilt and a Santa door wreath.
Plus a few other smaller drawers holding the partials.
Which left me with this. Better, but I still couldn't sleep in my bed. Or walk much.
I ordered containers online so although they won't be properly stored, they will at least not be in plastic bags threatening to fall to the floor and organized, somewhat. In the meantime they look like this.
And I still have these out along with a few projects that were started.
Overall, I got rid of a lot of plastic bags and 3 boxes. Still a ways to go, but one heck of a start.