So this week wasn't so much a 'create' week as an 'organize week.
Oh, someone on Ravelry wanted to use my photo of my Sun Blossom Mandala Doily for the patterns' page.
I finish my lapghan which I had frogged the outer part because the pattern was wrong and corner wasn't in the right place.
I ran out! I probably ran out last year but didn't realize it. But I bought the bolt almost 10 years ago so I think I got my money's worth. Had to order another one. I have enough for Leopard in Grass which is a really tiny GK. but the max width from any new pattern is either 8" or 11" depending on what size I cut from. I don't do small patterns that often.
Now for my Black Friday purchases, more stash.
From ABCstitch, which has 20% off the entire site, I bought the fabric for Sleepy Hollow, Legends of the Dragons and Legends of the Spellcasters, and all the materials for Looking Glass and Christmas Tree V. Also bought these two charts, Seafarer's Valentine and Secrets of the Nereid.
I had the third in the series already, Mermaid Love Tokens, and I had a feeling these would be hard to come by soon.
One thread for Looking Glass wasn't available on the main site so I went to the alternate. Ended up purchasing these kits that had been sitting in my cart when I first started creating a list.
And right before midnight I purchased the following from Love they Thread (Darn you Mel!)
Thankfully these are downloadable charts so my parents won't be seeing yet another package come for me. How many times can I use the 'this was backordered from a previous purchase' excuse do you think?
Just as a note, I had fabric for "Legends" but decided I didn't like
it. Thankfully, it was the same color as needed for another chart
although a slightly lower stitch count than the photo. I also wanted
both to be the same as they're related charts.
didn't buy after seeing the price already in my cart: the fabric and
floss for the 3 parts of the kit, two fairy kits I love but decided they
could wait, beads for various kits, floss for "Tropical Dream" since I
couldn't find 20ct Lugana that wasn't a hand-dyed, floss and beads for a
SAL I have the fabric for, and ABC stitch took down their Clearance
page during the sale so no luck there. Oh, and due to not sleeping well
and having to go to work at 2 on Black Friday, I didn't get to Joann's
before noon to use 25% off on 3/.99 DMC threads, or Micheal's after noon
for 40% off regular priced DMC. So saving money there by not buying
more thread for projects.
I did pick out 4 HAED's to use on the 28ct fabric I originally started Insanity on, those were part of the DMC run I didn't get to. Part of the DMC run that didn't happen.
Speaking of DMC, I had a fair amount of it thrown in a large bag that I had sorted into my 3 massive rings. I put away most of it but still have ~100 colors without bags. And as my rings are taxed as is, I'm going to have to split them onto 5 rings. I may also just have them attached on one ring rather than two to make things easier. I'll be doing that later this week.
After this organizing, I've decided next year to focus on the kitted designs that I was only given whole skein amounts of DMC. Pick up a few inches here and there on my excel sheet of "left over" and hopefully don't have to buy some colors I thought I needed.
This basically includes Sleepy Hollow, Best Friend, Dragon Carousel, Black Stallion, 4 Horses of the Apocalypse, and 7 TW's: The two Legend pieces, Stroke of Midnight, Triptych, Romeo and Juliet, The Princess and the Dragon, and The Minstrel.
Almost everything else in my stash that is kitted has given me either inches (GK's) or # of stitches by which I estimated the % of the skein used.